Well, thanks to McMama at Quintessential Quentin - I have been tagged for my first Meme.
First off, for anyone who is thinking “what the heck is a meme?” - here is some info from The Daily Meme.
” I pronounce it so it’s rhymes with ‘dream’; some pronounce it so it sounds like ‘mem’ (from mem-ory). In the context of web logs / ‘blogs / blogging and other kinds of personal web sites it’s some kind of list of questions that you saw somewhere else and you decided to answer the questions. Then someone else sees them and does them and so on and so on.”
A meme is:
An idea that, like a gene, can replicate and evolve.
A unit of cultural information that represents a basic idea that can be transferred from one individual to another, and subjected to mutation, crossover and adaptation.
A cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one generation to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation); “memes are the cultural counterpart of genes”.
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share five random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Share the five top places on your “want to see or want to see again” list.
3. Tag a minimum of five random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment in their blog.
So, here goes….
1. I grew up on a bug farm. Yes, we raised bugs (and an array of “regular” farm animals) for biological pest control. Primarily the fly parasite, the natural enemy of the fly. My school actually took a field trip to my house when studying biology and the life cycle of the fly. My parents ran this business until they divorced when I was 12 and we sold it and moved to “town”. I used to gross out my friends by holding maggots and putting them on my tongue.
2. I eat methodically (kind of OCD) and have to leave one perfect bite with a little bit of everything on my plate for the very last bite. For example, Thanksgiving dinner always has to end with one bite with a little turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry, green bean casserole, sweet potato etc. (one BIG bite). I also eat M&M’s (and Skittles and any other candy in an array of colors) the same way, I make sure there are the same amount of each color (eating the extras first) then eat one of each color until I finish them - ending with green.
3. When I was younger, I used to want to have my own talk show - it was going to be called “Chatting with Chelsea”. This was way before he days of Oprah, Maury, Ricki, etc.
4. I used to be a clown and do singing telegrams with my sister when we were in college. I still make balloon animals for fun, and I have my clown costume, but sadly can’t ever wear it as Joe is afraid of clowns (I threaten him occasionally that I will dress up one day just to REALLY freak him out).
5. You know that smell that your earrings have after you have worn them a long time, that kinda funky, sweet, sour smell? I like that smell and sometimes take my earrings out just to smell them, then put them back in. Same with the smell of the stuff you clean out from under your toenails. Gross, I know…
Ooh - this one was hard because I really want to travel EVERYWHERE. Joe and I both love going new places - even with kids, it hasn’t put a damper on our travel life. We took Rosie on a Europe trip 2 years ago, and we are taking both kids to France for a wedding this July too… Here’s what sits at the top of my list right now…
1. Australia - though I might have to wait until they invent a plane that can fly there in way less time, because I seriously cannot imagine spending 20+ hours on a plane…
2. Spain - I was in Barcelona for a couple days at the end of a month long backpacking trip with my sister during college. We were so burnt out on churches and sight-seeing by then that we didn’t do much except go to the beach and drink sangria - I want to go back and really see the place…
3. Peru - Machu Picchu - This place just looks so mysterious and spiritual and awesome, I have to go there one day…
4. Italy - I have been there a couple times - just a few days each time, and Joe and I went there for our honeymoon (Rome and the Amalfi coast), and I would really love to go back and see the entire country, especially Tuscany and the southern parts…
5. Any island/tropical/exotic place - Fiji, Bali, Costa Rica, anywhere in the Caribbean, etc. Hawaii is beautiful, I have been a few times, but Joe has never been so I want to go back and take the kids too…Basically anyplace warm and with a beach - yeah, I want to go there…
and as an aside - my ideal family vacation - that I really want to plan in about 5 more years - once the kids are 6 and 8 or so… I want to rent an RV and travel all over the country for one month in the summer (maybe longer)…
OK - now the hard part, who to tag…. Most of my mommy blogging friends have already done the meme thing a ton, so I am going to tag…..
yeah, you - if you are reading this, consider yourself tagged… if you haven’t already done a meme in the recent past - do one now… If you have done one, link to it in the comments, and if you are reading this and you don’t have a blog - leave your meme in my comments section….